An Accountant is urgently needed at a reputable private organisation in Abuja. Qualified and interested candidates are hereby requested to send their CVs to the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) via,
on or before Wednesday, August 25, 2021.
- Handle petty cash account
- Analyse all petty cash payment
- Make cash flow projections of payables carry out monthly bank reconciliations
- Document all payment to ensure that they pass through all the approval processes
- Produce financial reports on a monthly basis for management
- Post all retirements to the finance software of the organisation
- Assists in the preparation of budgets and financial planning for the initiative
- Assists in the preparation of monthly and annual financial reports with accompanying bank documentation and receipts
- Assists in monitoring the budget in accordance with approved work plan activities
- Assists in the preparation of financial reports for staff to monitor and track obligations and expenditures in accordance with the organisation and donors reporting procedures
- Assists in the initiatives treasury functions including relating with banks, managing assets, keeping cheque books and petty cash
- Assists the organisation in in contractual modifications necessary for existing business programmes and develops costing strategy to provide assistance in the preparation of cost proposals
- Assists in the preparation of written and verbal responses to inquiries and request for budgetary information
- Assists in support for fiscal year-end adjustments and other related financial benchmarks
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Superior, Executive Director or Board of Trustees
- Level of Education – Professional (ICAN, or ANAN)
- Significant experience, minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar role, providing programmatic leadership in programme activities, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with an international NGO or Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a local international funded NGO
- Excellent in the use of quick books accounting software
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills
- Language Requirements: Spoken English; Written English – Excellent
- Level of IT Expertise: Good (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Ability to multi-task, engage in long-term planning, meet deadlines, and handle last-minute demands; exercise patience, and adapt to changing circumstances.
After meeting the above criteria, candidate must obtain reference letter from a member of the Expanded General Purpose Committee (EGPC) of the NSCIA ( https://nscia.com.ng/index.php/governance/gpc) or Chief Imam of a major city in Nigeria or Chief Missioner of a major Islamic Organisation.