Home / Info Portal /Information, article releases and publications / RE: CAN REJECTS COMMITTEE COMPOSITION
Our attention has been drawn to a misleading statement issued by Mr Sunny Oibe, who signed as the Director (National Issues) in the Secretariat of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN). There is no truth whatsoever in the unfortunate alarm raised in the press statement which tends to give the impression of an attempt to undermine Christians in the National Conference.
In trying to whip up unnecessary sentiments, Oibe claimed that the Committee on Religion is made up of 12 Muslims and eight Christians. That is not correct. The Committee has 21 members – 11 Muslims and 10 Christians. Please see the list below.
NATIONAL CONFERENCE 2014
CONFERENCE MANAGEMENT SECRETARIAT
18. COMMITTEE ON RELIGION
1. AJAKAYE, Bishop Felix Femi Christian
2. ALFA, Hajia Shetu Muslim
3. BAGOBIRI, Bishop Joseph D. Christian
4. DATTIJO, Hadija Dije Muslim
5. EKPE, Prof. Obini E. Muslim
6. EMMANUEL , Pastor Bosun Christian
7. ERINOSHO, Prof. Layi Muslim
8. HANGA, Mal. Muzzammil Sani Muslim
9. HARUNA, Prof. Andrew Christian
10. IKE, Monsignor Obiora Christian
Copyright © Nigerian Supreme Council of Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) ® All right reserved.