23rd Ramadan, 1442 AH
5th May, 2021
The Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) under the leadership of its President-General and Sultan of Sokoto, His Eminence, Alh. Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar, CFR, mni, is deeply saddened and very concerned about the heightened degree of insecurity in the country and the attendant fatalities, tensions, fear and confusion being foisted upon the citizenry.
2. The Council, therefore, again calls on the governments at all levels to redouble their efforts in protecting the lives and properties of the Citizens. We also urge the Citizens to be vigilant and conscious of their neighbourhood and discharge their civic responsibilities of assisting the law enforcement agencies.
3. The Council also enjoins the Muslim Ummah to utilise the opportunity of the last ten days of Ramadan to intensify prayers for the nation’s comprehensive peace and security.
4. The Council calls on all Muslims to ceaselessly engage in different Adhkar such as (i) HasbunaLlahu wani’mal wakeel (ii) Astagfirullah (iii) La hawla walaquwata ilabiLlahi-l-Aliyi-l-Azeem (iv) La ilaha illa anta Subuhanaka inikuntu mina zalimeen in supplication to Almighty Allah to grant succour to the challenges being faced by our Dear Nation. In addition, Muslims should intensify the acts of giving ‘sadaqah’ (charity, assistance to the poor and destitute, etc.).
5. The Council believes and urges all Muslims to continue to support all efforts to sustain a united and indivisible Nigeria.
6. The Council prays Almighty Allah to accept our supplications and grant us all the blessing of Ramadan.
Prof. Salisu Shehu
Deputy Secretary General
Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs
Copyright © Nigerian Supreme Council of Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) ® All right reserved.